Most of the apps you have downloaded and installed on your Android device from Google Play Store will be always on Google Play Store, just in case you need to download and install it again or on a new Android device. However, it happens that sometimes this app disappears from Google Play Store and it isn’t available anymore.
The apps disappear due to a bad working or because the developers don’t want to keep that app on Google Play Store.
In any case, you can try to find another app with the same characteristics, but, unfortunately, you could not find that app. Therefore, how can you download and installs that app again? We’re going to tell you that this option is available and to explain how is that possible, so you will be able to keep on enjoying that app you like so much.
How can you download and install apps no longer available on Google Play Store?
There are two options in order to keep on using these apps just in case it disappears from Google Play Store:
1. Get an APK from a different web page
This first option works in case that Google has eliminated the app you are looking for from Google Play Store permanently. In this case, you will need to look for an external APK and install it on your device by yourself. Anyway, you should have in mind that this APK could bring you some problems if Google itself eliminated it, instead of its developers.
There are some places where to find that app you are looking for. The most popular are APK Mirror, APK Pure and Uptodown web. You only have to access any of these web pages, look for the app you need and download it. Once you have downloaded the APK file, installed on your Android devices.
2. Reinstalling using your app library
This option only works if you have downloaded and installed the app previously or if you have bought it some time ago. In those cases, the app you want to reinstall will stay on your app library, so you can access the data of that app in order to get it again. Therefore, you have not lost the app forever.
All the information of the apps that you have downloaded and installed from Google Play Store will stay on Google servers. However, have in mind that this information will only stay on Google servers in case that this app has been removed from its developer, since whether Google Play Store has eliminated that app for any reason, you will not find that information on Google servers anymore.
Once you are sure that this app is still on Google servers, you need to do the following steps:
- You need to access to your Google Play Store account from your PC or laptop. If you want to use any other device, you will have to activate the desktop version.
- Once you have access to the Google Play Store, find “My apps”. Here, you will see all the apps you have on your device, and you can even see those apps you have removed in the past too. In this section, you will be able to find both free apps and paid apps. However, you can find paid apps in an easier way; access to “Purchased apps” and you will see all the apps you have got by paying.
- Now, it’s time to look for the app you need to reinstall again. Remember that sometimes Google eliminates some apps, so, if you do not find it, it’s probably because Google has removed it.
- Once you have found the app, click on it and follow the steps in order to get the app again.