Although WhatsApp is an application used by millions of users, many of them are still unfamiliar or have no idea about some of the features WhatsApp has, with which they can take better advantage of this communication tool.
If you are one of them, thanks to this article, you will know some WhatsApp functions that will be very useful when using its interface and with which you can apply a set of actions that will benefit you in different situations that may arise in your interaction with other users.
Remove a contact from WhatsApp
- In case you want to delete a contact in iOS or Android the first thing you have to do is enter the application and select the Chats tab.
- Once there click on the New chat icon, then select the Contact option and there click on the name that appears at the top of the screen.
- Once you have done this, click on the Menu button, then on View in the contact book, then click on the Menu button and finally on the Delete option.
- When the contact has been deleted update your WhatsApp contact list by clicking on the New chat icon, then on the Menu button and finally on Update.
Create a group in WhatsApp
- To create a WhatsApp group on your iOS or Android device go to the Chat section of the WhatsApp menu.
- Slide the screen to the bottom and select the New group option.
- Enter a name in the Subject to identify the group.
- Then select the contacts that will be added to the group by clicking on Participants or on the plus (+) symbol.
- Finally, click on the green icon to accept.
Send a message to several people in WhatsApp
- This feature is also known as a Broadcast List in which the procedure for creating an Android or iOS starts by entering WhatsApp.
- Once the interface has started, go to the Chats section and click on the 3 dots icon located in the upper right corner of the screen (Android) or on the Broadcast Lists option (iOS).
- Then click on the New Broadcast option.
- Then type in the name of the contacts you want to send the message to or select them from your contact list by clicking on the plus (+) symbol.
- When you have chosen all the contacts, click on OK and then on Create.
Blocking a WhatsApp phone
- To block a contact in WhatsApp for iOS or Android enter WhatsApp and click on the menu button.
- Once there select the Settings option, then Account, then Privacy and finally Blocked Contacts.
- Tap the plus (+) icon to add the contact you want to block from your contact list.
- Another alternative available to carry out the blocking of a contact involves entering the chat option of the contact you want to block and press the Menu button, then more (+), then Block and finally again BLOCK.
Block an unknown phone number in WhatsApp
- To block an unknown phone number in iOS or Android go to WhatsApp and start the chat window with the unknown number.
- Click on Block and repeat the action again by clicking on BLOCK.
- In case the message of the unknown number is spam you can have the opportunity to report it using the option Report and Block.
go to the Play Store and click on the menu icon, then on My Apps. There, locate the WhatsApp icon and click on Update to activate the installation of new functionalities to the application.
Log in to the App Store and click Updates. Then locate the WhatsApp icon and click on the Update option located next to it.
Update contacts in WhatsApp
- To update contacts in WhatsApp on iOS or Android enter the application.
- In the screen where all the conversations appear, click on the green button located in the lower right part of the screen.
- When you access this section, click on the icon of 3 points located in the upper right part of the screen to access the menu in which you must select the option Update present there.
This will make your contact list appear those that you have recently added to your address book.