WhatsApp is a reference application when it comes to communication tools designed for mobile devices.
However, it is likely that sometimes you have wanted to move the WhatsApp user experience from the mobile to the PC, either to have more convenience when answering messages while doing some activity on the PC in order to stay in communication with your family or friends at all times.
If this is your case, then you got to the right place because with this article you will learn how to download WhatsApp on your PC and thus have all the advantages of this service in the same way as on the mobile.
How to download and install WhatsApp on PC: Android Emulator
- The first thing you will have to do is to download an Android emulator such as Bluestacks which is one of the most recommended. Once it has been downloaded run it to start the installation process on the PC.
- When the installation is finished click on the Bluestacks icon to run its interface.
- In it, enter the Play Store and place WhatsApp in the search box. Click on the magnifying glass icon to start browsing and find the application.
- When the result is displayed, click on the Install button to start downloading and installing WhatsApp in the emulator.
- After the installation is finished, run the application. You will have to associate the service to a phone number to use it, in which you will have to bear in mind that you will not be able to access WhatsApp from the mobile device if it is open in the emulator.
After accessing the WhatsApp interface, it is time to add contacts, an action you can do by sending an email with an attachment containing a list of your contacts. By doing this you will be able to start using WhatsApp.
How to download and install WhatsApp on PC: Download WhatsApp from the official website
In case you don’t want to download an emulator to use WhatsApp, you can download the service installation file directly from its official website.
- Once you have entered just go to the menu at the top and click on the Download option.
- This will take you to another page in which you must click on the green button corresponding to the download version for Windows/Mac to start downloading the installer.
- Go to the folder designated to store the downloads on your computer and click on the file to activate the WhatsApp installation process on it.
- When you start the application for the first time, you will be asked to pair it with your mobile phone. To do this, open WhatsApp on your device and click on Settings and then select WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- Doing this will activate the camera, which you must use to read the QR code that appears in the WhatsApp interface on your computer where, after being processed, will allow you to access the service so you can use it in the same way as if you were doing it from your mobile device.