It is incredible to think that in the world of technology where there are constantly new developments in terms of software development, despite all the avalanche of audio and video editing tools that exist, there are still programs that, despite the time, remain in force providing reliability and efficiency to its users.
In this sense, Audacity, program for the recording and edition of audio, represents one of them, being one of the most used programs nowadays by all those people who work in the recording or edition of sound, either to accompany the creation of a video or to make a podcast.
Audacity also has the advantage of being able to install on any operating system, including Windows, which, if you are a user and want to start using this type of tools, then you’ll be interested in knowing how to download Audacity in Windows.
How to download Audacity for Windows?
- The first thing you should do is enter the official Audacity page
- Once you are there, click on the Download option in the menu located at the top of the page.
- This will take you to another page, with the download options separated by operating system, from which you will have to select the one that corresponds to Windows.
- When you do this, a download window will appear in which you will be able to select the folder of your computer in which you will store the file. You can change it or leave the default folder. Click on Save to start downloading the installation file.
- Once finished, locate the file and click on it to run it and start the installation process.
- After successfully completing the installation, look for the Audacity icon on the desktop and click on it to start the program. If you have a USB microphone it is recommended to connect it and configure it before running the program.
Another step that you must do to ensure the proper functioning of Audacity is to download the LAME MP3 encoder library, which is a .dll file, necessary to export audio files in compressed MP3 format.
- To do this, go to the LAME page and click on the link that appears on the line where it says WINDOWS USERS.
- When doing this you will be directed to the link corresponding to the download of the library where you must click on the one that says Lame (version x) for Windows.exe.
- A download window will be displayed, in which you will be able to select the folder where you want to store the file or leave the directory designated by default to store the downloads on your computer.
- After making the decision click on Save to start the download.
- Once the procedure is finished, search for the library file and click on it to start its installation.
After finishing the process, you will be able to check that everything has been done correctly by entering the Export audio option located in the File menu of the Audacity interface in which MP3 should appear as an option within the available formats to generate the exported audio file.